West Church is a multi-generational faith family that delights to worship God in a way that blends hymns, contemporary songs, prayer, scripture, quiet reflection, and celebration. We are seeking a gifted keyboard musician to lead us in worship together with our existing band. The worship team includes participants of all ages, children through adults.
1. The candidate will evidence a living relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. They will be committed to the gospel, live in submission to Jesus’ commands, and manifest the spiritual gifts compatible with the position.
2. The candidate will be in agreement with the West Church Statement of Faith and Biblical Purpose Statement.
3. The candidate should be willing to become a part of our church family.
4. The candidate is legally permitted to work in the United States.
1. The ideal candidate will be proficient on the piano and keyboard (organ is a plus).
2. The ideal candidate will be able to read and play hymns as well as participate in a worship band. The ability to blend the two styles into a unified worship service is needed.
3. The ideal candidate will have experience guiding instrumentalists and vocalists.
4. The ideal candidate will have developing verbal skills to guide the movement of the public worship service.
5. A working knowledge of AV equipment is a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. In addition to Sunday morning preparations and the worship service, the candidate will be available to rehearse the worship team one evening per week.
2. The candidate will be available for special events throughout the calendar year which may include choral and instrumental music.
3. Assistance with weddings and funerals would be requested depending on availability. Payment for these non-salaried services is made by the families according to the fee schedules set by the church).
This part-time position of 10-15 hours per week is offering $12,000 to $16,000, depending on the abilities and experience of the candidate.
ADDITIONAL INFO: Interested individuals should send the following information to email@example.com:
- Letter of Reference
- Video/Link of leading worship