Our Missions Vision Statement:
In obedience to our Lord Jesus, West Church is committed to fulfilling its part in "The Great Commission": "Jesus said to them, 'All authority in heaven and on earth is given to Me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age." Matthew 28: 19-20
MISSIONS for us includes any mission or ministry carried on by our congregation, by our missionary family, or Christian organizations we support, to persons outside the congregation for the purpose of proclaiming the Gospel to all peoples and making disciples in all nations. To accomplish Jesus' Great Commission we are committed to ministering to the needs of the whole person, including their physical needs, but never to the exclusion of their spiritual needs and their eternal need to know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord.
To Accomplish This Task, We:
- Encourage personal evangelism, as a way of life, for every believer.
- Conduct an annual Missions Conference.
- Introduce missionaries to the congregation, as they are available .
- Encourage our congregation, as individuals, to develop ongoing and personal contact with our missionaries.
- Publish Missionary letters in the church's weekly bulletin.
- Challenge our people to be faithful in their prayers for our missionaries.
- Encourage missionary service, as a career option, for our younger and older members alike.
- Encourage participation and support for short-term mission trips.
- Encourage our people to internalize the vision of God's redemptive love for the world.
- Challenge all of our people to participate in the financial support of our missionaries and our mission program.
With the blessing of the Lord, we purpose to pass on our missionary vision to the next generation of believers in our church.
We share in the support of a number of dedicated missionaries who are involved in Home Missions (USA), or in Foreign Missions around the world, and who share our vision of reaching the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Beyond our missionary families, we also share in the support of a number of Christian organizations that are committed to the extension of the Gospel of Christ through social outreach, preservation of marriage and family, saving the lives of unborn babies, Christian education, evangelism, youth ministries, prison outreach, and nursing home ministries.