PARTICIPATING IN THE NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER | THURSDAY, MAY 4, 2017
The Theme: The leadership of the National Day of Prayer Task Force has selected the theme for this year, For Your Great Name’s Sake! Hear Us… Forgive Us…Heal Us! Taken from Daniel 9:19, which says, “O Lord, Listen! O Lord, Forgive! O Lord, Hear and Act! For Your Sake, O My God…”.
The Mission: The mission of the National Day of Prayer Task Force is to mobilize prayer in America and to encourage personal repentance and righteousness in the culture.
The Vision: In accordance with Biblical truth, the National Day of Prayer Task Force seeks to:
- Mobilize and encourage personal and corporate prayer, regardless of current issues and positions
- Preserve America’s Christian heritage and defend the religious freedoms granted by the Constitution
- Emphasize prayer for America and its leadership in the seven centers of power: Government, Military, Media, Business, Education, Church and Family (I Timothy 2:1-6)
- Foster unity within the Christian Church
Topics for Prayer
- Confession of personal sin and sins of the nation
- Praise God for His Grace and Mercy and ask Him to be merciful to America
- Pray for the Seven Centers of Power
- Executive Branch: President, Vice-President, and Cabinet
- Judicial Branch: Supreme Court, Regional Circuit Courts to uphold constitution
- Legislative Branch: righteous laws, fiscal responsibility
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, City of Peabody
- Military/Police/Fire: Safety, War on Terror
- Media: Balance view, morality and righteousness
- Business: Jobs, Economy, ethics
- Education: Teach truth, preparing students to live and work,
- Church: repentance, renewal and awakening, not tamper with God’s Word
- Family: Stability, upholding God’s ordained order for Families
- Other topics as the Holy Spirit gives you guidance
OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOU TO GATHER AND PRAY ON THURSDAY, MAY 4, 2017
- THE LEATHER CITY COMMONS, 25 Lowell St. Peabody, (Park on Railroad Ave) 7:30-8:15 AM
- THE WEST CHURCH SANCTUARY, 27 Johnson St. Peabody, 7:00-8:00 PM
AMERICA DESPERATELY NEEDS GOD TO MOVE IN OUR LAND!
THIS IS OUR ONLY HOPE! WE MUST PRAY AS HIS PEOPLE!
Sincerely In Christ, Pastor Rick